Tuesday, March 11, 2014

IO Flowering Tree


I love Impression Obsession dies - especially those Spiral Flowers! I also find myself using the leafy branch die on everything lately. 

First, I cut the tree and colored it with my Copic markers.  I then cut leaves from the leafy branch die, colored them with Copics and glued them onto the tree.  I cut more branches in blue and weaved them into the grass. I liked the added pop of color of the blue leaves behind the orange roses. The peachy-orange roses and yellow flowers were created using the Spiral Flowers die and were colored with distress ink.

For the yellow flowers I only used half of the tiny rolled daisy die. After the yellow distress ink dried, I cut the daisy die cut in half before rolling it. I used both halves of the die cut. It thinned the flowers out a little and made them a little smaller.  The flowers are small but I was afraid of overpowering the tree.  It may be difficult to see but I used flower soft in small spots on the branches to emulate buds.

Materials Used
Impression Obsession Leafy Branch 
Impression Obsession Grass
Impression Obsession Bare Tree
Impression Obsession Spiral Flowers
Spellbinders Labels 8
Spellbinders Labels
Distress Ink, Copic Markers, Square Brads

No comments: