Thursday, November 20, 2014

Classy Cards Snapdragon Wishes



I needed a quick birthday card for a friend and this is what I created.  I used the Anna Griffin Cherry Blossom Embossing Folder on the background panel to add dimension.  I haven't been using as many of my embossing folders lately, but this one keeps getting pulled out of hiding.  I love the subtle texture it adds to my cards.  It's good for floral backgrounds and would be good for winter scenes too since it almost looks like snowflakes.

I stamped the Stacy Stamps Snapdragons onto white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I then cut the white panel using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die set.  I colored the flowers with Copic markers and then used clear Stickles to highlight the flowers.  They really sparkle.

Wishes was cut from Kraft Card Stock using the Impression Obsession Greeting Set.  This is a go-to set for me lately, it's perfect for so many occasions.  I'm really hoping IO comes out with more phrases, it's such a pretty font.  I cut the purple mat using the next larger die in the Spelbinders A2 Matting Basics A Set.  I adhered the purple layer using Joy! Foam Pads for dimension.

To finish I wrapped some twine around the main panel.  I liked how the twine coordinated with the Kraft Card Stock adding the perfect touch.  Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Copic Markers

Challenge Entered:
Scrapyland Add Texture

3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jen! Your card is beautiful - and I can see why you are enjoying that embossing folder - it's quite elegant! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! The flowers are so beautiful!! I love the embossing!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori Kobular said...

I love everything about your card! The embossed background, the colors, the beautiful image and the little bit of twine added to it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #6!