Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Kraftin Kimmie Rapunzel

Hi!  I created this as an inspiration card for the new Anything Goes (With a Twist) Challenge at Crafting by Designs. 

I was in a princess mood.  I think Rapunzel may be retired, but there are so many other adorable Kraftin' Kimmie stamps available with new releases monthly.  My wishlist is a mile long, KKS images are always cute, fun and sometimes sassy!  They just announced a guest DT call on the FB Page, and I submitted this card.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, wish me luck!


This originally began as a tag but things kept changing direction.  There are so many different dies on this card.  I just kept pulling out supplies.  

The MFT layered pink roses were colored with glimmer mist and copics. The Marianne Design purple leaf die cuts were colored with distress ink.  The greenery was cut from green paper with a Penny Black die and sponged with distress ink and the ends colored with gold Smooch paint.

Rapunzel was colored with copics and glittered with clear stickles.  The Die-Namics flourish die was embossed with two types of gold embossing powder.  The Magnolia banner and Sue Wilson French Collection Corner die (under the flowers) were embossed with Frantage embossing powder.

I added some sequins in spots, and voila!  I framed this in my daughter's room.  I had a collection of empty frames and shadowboxes on her wall and figured maybe it was time to fill them before she becomes a teenager. My Kraftin' Kimmie Cinderella Card ended up there too, now I just need to make her one more princess card and her wall will be done. :)

Supplies
Kraftin Kimmie Stamp
Marianne Designs Leaves
Penny Black Nature's Song
La La Land Rolled Roses Set
MFT Die-namics Formal Flourish
MFT Die-namics Layered Rose
Magnolia Event Banners
Sue Wilson French Collection 
Frantage Embossing Powder
Gold Embossing Powder
Copics
Distress Ink
Glimmer Mist
Sequins & Flat-back Pearls

Thanks for looking!

Challenge Entered
Scrapyland #7

3 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love all the details on this adorable card! I am sure you daughter will love having it hanging in her room! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #7!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jen! Your Rapunzel card is DARLING! I love the special secret garden you created for her during her captivity - and that sentiment is perfect (such pretty shading in the banner - and wonderful colors!) Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Tammy said...

Wonderful card and fabulous layout and design! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge and good luck on the guest designer call!