Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Classy Cards Cloud Confetti

Today I'm sharing a card inspired by the Classy Cards 'n Such's Cloudy Day challenge.  I tried to recreate the beautiful relaxing feel of the inspiration photo in a shaker card.  If you use my coupon Jenny-10 you can save 10% off your entire order at the CCNS store.


I made an A2 sized card out of a piece of Kraft Card Stock.  The Joy Crafts Waves were cut with a blue card stock from my stash.  I used the die as a stencil and highlighted the accents with peacock feathers distress ink and a Mini Ink Blending Tool.

The shaker was created by layering two sizes of nesting circle dies.  I glued a piece of clear packaging material I salvaged from toy packaging to the back of the circle.  The shop has clear card stock that would work perfectly for this.  I stamped my sentiment onto white card stock and sponged tumbled glass distress ink around the words.  Then I used a really thick foam adhesive to adhere the circle to the sentiment layer after adding some bugle beads inside. I glued the back of the sentiment layer to the card front.  I tucked another piece of waves into the front of the circle too trimming until I liked the result.

The clouds are from a die in my stash but you could achieve a similar look with many of the cloud dies or even cloud stencils currently in stock.  I added a couple of them using Joy Crafts Foam Adhesive Pads.

The seahorse was cut from Joy Crafts Crab & Seahorse die set and colored with distress ink.  I sponged more peacock feathers distress ink over the die using it as a stencil and then added liquid pearls for interest.
Supplies
Memory Box Puffy Clouds

Thanks for visiting!



1 comment:

Karen Steele said...

Such a great card - loving the sentiment too :-)