Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Classy Cards Birthday Wishes Tag

Hello Friends!  This is a tag I made inspired by the current Classy Cards 'n Such Color Inspiration challenge.  The color challenge is pretty broad:  Use Red, Pink, Blue, Green & Yellow.  In figuring out how to incorporate all these colors I got an idea to use my distress ink.


I started by cutting a tag from an old manila folder using a Tim Holtz die from my stash.  I placed a Memory Box stencil very similar to the Memory Box  Pattern Tula Stencil sold at Classy Cards 'n Such on top while I sponged various distress inks using a Mini Ink Blending Tool.  To get the colors to blend and add a little glam I sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl over the top.  

While the ink was drying I cut the Birthday Wishes words out of the Impression Obsession Greeting set and colored them with blue distress ink.  When the tag was dry I glued the words and  Water Dew Drops to the surface, added some string and was done.  This almost has a tie dye appearance which is kind f fun.  I think I could use it both for a gift for an adult or for a child.  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you can join in the challenge this week!

Classy Cards Supplies

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Jenny! Love your vibrant colors!