Saturday, October 1, 2016

Dies R Us Leaves Challenge


Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!  Life has gotten busy with school again and I need to focus more time on academics and my kiddies.  I've made the difficult decision to step down from my very first DT position at Dies R Us. I'm very sad to leave but today's post will be my last.  There is some amazingly wonderful talent and heart in the design team.  I will miss the challenge blog and will be visiting regularly.  I hope you will do as well.

Today's card was inspired by the new Dies R Us Leaves in the Trees Challenge that begins today.  For this card I used three Cheery Lynn dies.  

Dies R Us Dies
Cheery Lynn Winter Holiday Words
Cheery Lynn Classic Circles L4 

I cut a large circle and stamped it with a wood grain stamp.  The card is A2 sized.  The really cool thing about this card is the Blessings die.  It's part of the Cheery Lynn Designs Winter Holiday Words set and I don't have anything else like it in my die collection.  I love how it just almost embossed-cut out the word.  It's a very simple, graphic die.  Love it!

These leaves cut the same way, there are really interesting swirls cut into them.  They were cut out of white card stock and then colored with distress ink.  

Make sure to stop by the Dies R Us Challenge blog for more inspiration from my awesome teammates and join in the current Leaves in the Trees challenge!


6 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

I love post day when we all get to read particulars on the beautiful designs.The wood grain is perfect for all the beautifully inked leaves.

Darlene said...

FABULOUS! I just love that BURST of FALL COLOR in the center of your creation! Great design and awesome inspiration! We will miss you! Hugs!

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty what a fab design and colour Love and hugs Carole x

Vicki said...

Jenny, your card is a perfect representation of "leaves"! I love the wood grain background and the cluster of leaves as the focal point.

Maria said...

Love the gorgeous colored leaves as your focal point...so pretty!! Do take care! We will miss you!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, Jenny. Love these bright colorful leaves, great design. We will miss you, Jenny. Bonne chance! Hugs!