Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Classy Cards Red Bird

Hi I'm back today with a new card inspired by this week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge Summer Picnic Color.  I focused more on the color than the picnic theme with this card.


 I started with a Kraft 5.5 inch card base, added a white layer on top that was cut with a die in my stash.  I used more Kraft paper to cut the Poppystamps Claudette Frame that I then cut the center out of. I love playing with Frantage Embossing Powder.  Using this Poppystamps Vintage Birdcage die gave me a perfect opportunity to use it.  I cut the birdcage, coated it with versamark ink, sprinkled Vintage on it and heated with a heat tool from behind.  I like the varied looks you can achieve with the Frantage powder.  

I added red color to the card with a bird from the Memory Box Resting Birds die.  The result makes this look more like a holiday card than a summer card though.  Kraft paper was also used to create foliage from the Memory Box Open Studio Meadowbird Branch die.  Some of the other foliage was cut in red and it makes the branches look like red berries. The flowers and rhinestones are from a die in my stash.  

Thanks for visting and don't forget to check out the wonderful new products in stock in the store and join this week's challenge.

Supplies

No comments: