Friday, January 30, 2015

Classy Cards Grandma's Bouquet

Hi friends!  I make lots of cards but I'm the worst at actually putting things in the mail.  I made this for my mom and plan on having my children give it to her.


I used a number of Cheery Lynn dies on this.  Did you know that the Classy Cards 'n Such shop is running a sale.  All Cheery Lynn dies are now 50% off?!  Use code CLD during checkout.

I started by creating the pink Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms flowers.  I stamped the flowers with a dark pink Memento Ink and cut them out using the matching Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms Die.  I sponged Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress inks on the petals using a Mini Ink Blending Tool and then shaped the flowers using a Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and molding mat. To add a little glam, I added a flat-back pearl to the center of each.


I cut the Cheery Lynn Small Lollipop Cutie Fringe with white card stock, sponged Squeezed Lemonade distress ink to the edges with the Mini Ink Blending Tool, and rolled them with the Roller Tool from the Paper Blossom Tool Kit.  I added a little glue to the beginning and end so the flowers would stay tightly rolled.  

After the flowers were done I cut four of the Sue Wilson French Collection Corners out of the beautiful Gold Leaf Metallic Paper.   I mounted the four corners together on paper from the Kaisercraft On This Day paper pad, backed with another piece of Gold Leaf Curious Metallic before gluing them to the cream 5.5 x 5.5 card.

I arranged the flowers and adhered them with foam pads.  This way if I needed to I could peel them up and reposition, I wouldn't have the same flexibility with glue.  I added Cheery Lynn flourish die cuts around the flowers.  The leaves and flourishes were cut out of Cryogen White card stock and have a soft shimmer.

The Cheery Lynn Grandma die cut was covered in Frantage Silver Embossing Powder.  I love this stuff, it's large flakes coat everything so nicely.  After adding the Frantage the die cut looks like a metal embellishment.  

Thanks for visiting!  

Supply List
Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Right
Cheery Lynn Flourish Leaf Strip

Challenge Entered
Cheery Lynn Anything Goes

5 comments:

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, Jenny, loves those big blossoms. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

irinka said...

Very Pretty card

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a pretty card Jenny with an elegant colour palette and design. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Karen said...

Loving those beautiful flowers and fabulous mix of dies used for this stunning card! Thanks for joining in on the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge, and good luck!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Gorgeous flowers and a wonderful design here! Grandma is going to absolutely love this card.

Thank you so much for joining us for the fun this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!